Being unable to view a document because you don’t have the latest software is a thing of the past with ZamZar. ZamZar is a free online document conversion tool that allows you to upload a document(s) and have it converted into a format you can open.
They have an exhausted list of conversion types that you can view here. I recently had a chance to try this out when a client who sent me a docx file from Microsoft 2007. The process is simple upload the file, pick which type you want to receive back and hit submit. A couple minutes later my Office 2003 compatible file arrived safe and sound to my e-mail box.
Try it out at: www.zamzar.com
WordPress 2.5 has been released and it’s a big one – so what’s new you ask? Well grab a cup a coffee and pull up a chair, this is going to take a while.
- Redesigned admin interface
- New dashboard with a quick view on all the important goings on
- Multifile uploading with progress bars
- One-click upgrading of plugins
- Built in photo gallery
- Media Library
- Better WYSIWYG Post and Page editor
- Search posts and page built in
- Tag editor
- EXIF Extraction
- Concurrent editing protection
- Password strength meter
- and a lot lot more…
There have also been many improvements under the hood such as database optimization, secure cookies, salted passwords and inline documentation among others.
This is one of the biggest upgrades I have seen to WordPress in recent memory and I highly recommend checking it out.
Do you accept payments online for your services? A new start up called Simplify This may make your job easier.
- Get complete overview of your business.
- Send professional invoices and quotes over email.
- Accept online payments.
- Automate periodic invoices.
- Track day-to-day charges.
and much much more, check out all the features at: www.simplifythis.com
Get a free account for sending up to 3 invoices a month!